"The Fountains of Silence" Book Review

Hi everyone!

I’m back again huehe

This time with another book review, and still from the same author, Ruta Sepetys

The title is “The Fountains of Silence”

SYNOPSIS

This book tells a story of Daniel Matheson, the son of an oil tycoon who has passion in photography. Daniel with his big curiosity energy roaming around Spain searching for a story to be captured. But the Spain that he sees is different with what he imagined before. Every citizen lives in fear while carrying their own secret. Kids, adult, male, and female, all feels the impact of the dictator in charge of power at that time. Can Daniel uncover the real face of Spain while protecting his new friends and family at the same time?

 

REVIEW

In my previous review (“Between Shades of Gray review here), I said that I love book that based on a real event like this. So I searched again for another book from Ruta Sepetys, and I found this book :)

Actually, I read another book from her before I read this book. The title is “Salt to The Sea”

But to be honest I don’t really like that book, so I’m not gonna review it huehe

Even though I was disappointed, I took the courage to read one more book, and… it was worth it

 

The reason I don’t like “Salt to The Sea” is the lack of deepening in the characters

I feel the difference after reading “Between Shades of Gray”. Compare to that book, “Salt to The Sea” feels a little bit shallow. And I don’t really like the allocation of the plot too

But… in “The Fountains of Silence”, the author is back on the right track wkwk

The writing style and rhythm is like in the “Between shades of Gray”, but more advance. Cause it takes more diverse point of views

There are still a lot of side characters, and all of them are “strong” and has enough background story

The plot is also flowing steadily, and I still love the words choice. Especially in the important scenes

This book is based on real history, with some modifications

The research is more complex than the two previous books

First, because the story has no correlation with the author (The two previous books still has some connection with the author’s family). And this book also takes a lot of points into focus, so it needs a lot of research

The author even did the research in Spain for a year

And every person who contributed in this book is written in the last few pages (Ssst… it’s quite a lot)

Respect ^ ^

I’ll only have one complaint

And it’s the same case from the three books that I’ve read from Ruta Sepetys

I hate the ending; it feels to rushed

It feels like when you just strolling slowly in the park while enjoying the view, and then suddenly got hit by a car (it’s a little bit extreme, sorry)

It’s like, What? That’s it? For real?

Usually, before the real ending, we get a little time jump in the future

This time jump is what usually comes so abrupt

So, it’s not a good surprise, cause it makes it feels weirdly cut

 

But overall, it’s a great book

For real, I hope the author keep on going with this historical fiction genre and brings back more hidden history story from across the world

This can open our eyes to events that happened in the past

And a little bit fiction on it can connect the story to our feeling in the present

I recommended this book for everyone. Cause these histories deserves to be known by anyone who wants to know, and even for anyone who doesn’t want to know hahaha

Please try read it guys, guarantee you won’t regret it

Happy reading ^ ^


Contact:

Twitter @HelloArmany

 

 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Review Drama "Lovely Us"

Review Drama "Meow The Secret Boy"

Review "Dancing High"