Quotes from Random Novels (Part 11)

"People can sort of mess everything up even when they're trying to help"

 

"Your mind has a way of not letting you forget things you wish you could. Especially with people. Like, you'll always try your best to forget things that people say to you or about you, but you always remember. And you'll try to forget things you've seen that no one should see, but you just can't do it. And when you try to forget someone's face, you can't get it out of your head."

 

"Don't encourage her, Vladas. The girl is so headstrong, it scares me to death," said Papa.

(Between Shades of Gray)

 

"Have you ever wondered what a human life is worth? That morning, my brother's was worth a pocket watch" 

(Between Shades of Gray)

 

“Lina, we haven’t a choice. Please do the best you can not to frighten your brother.” Miss Grybas reached down for Mother. What about me? I was frightened, too. Didn’t that matter? Papa, where are you?

(Between Shades of Gray)

 

“Lina,” said Andrius. I turned my head to him, dazed. “Don’t look,” he said. My mouth opened, but nothing came out. I turned my head back. The young blond guard was staring at Ona’s body. “Lina, look at me,” urged Andrius.

(Between Shades of Gray)

 

“Those were questions for Papa. He always listened intently to my questions, nodding and then pausing carefully before answering. Who would answer my questions now?”

(Between Shades of Gray)

 

“Sometimes kindness can be delivered in a clumsy way. But it’s far more sincere in its clumsiness than those distinguished men you read about in books.”

(Between Shades of Gray)

 

“He was so clumsy, but he was so sincere. Sometimes there is such beauty in awkwardness. There’s love and emotion trying to express itself, but at the time, it just ends up being awkward. Does that make sense?”

(Between Shades of Gray)

 

“allowed myself to wish from the deepest part of my heart. Komorov thought he was torturing us. But we were escaping into a stillness within ourselves. We found strength there.”

(Between Shades of Gray)


Contact:

Twitter @HelloArmany

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Review Drama "Lovely Us"

Review Drama "Meow The Secret Boy"

Review "Dancing High"