Korean Drama "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" Review

Hi everyone!

I’m back with another Korean drama review

The title is “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” or “Psycho but It’s Okay”


 









SYNOPSIS

This drama is all about our three main characters’s journey in life. These three has their own old scars that’s long been neglected. They also always feel alone in the world that doesn’t understand them. But when they are together, they can rely on each other and healing each other. So, in the end will they finally be able to let go of their hurtful past and start to enjoying life?

 

REVIEW

I’ll start this review with the good part first, and then I’ll talk about the bad part in the end wkwk

From the first until the 14th episode, I’m completely enchanted by this drama. The plot is so fun and the acting is super solid. It feels like I got dragged into another world hehe

I love how they picked a different tale for every episode. And I always wait for the part when someone was reading the tale and we got shown the animation (it’s magic)

I like the Monkfish tale the most, it’s so creepy I got goosebumps couple times wkwk

It’s a great plot strategy I think, because Munyeong character’s is a tale-author, it’s like we were told that tale is not just a tale. It has a message about life in it

 








Next, I’ll talk about the three main characters

The first one is our psycho princess, Go Munyeong







Oh, I love her

I really like her psycho side

She always yelling around, cursing, and threatening to kill everyone wkwk

And those scene always come out of the blue, so it always catches me off guard and makes me laugh

My favorite is when Munyeong and Gangtae “almost” first kiss scene. They got distracted by a deer, and Munyeong just go off yelling at it XD

I also like how we dive deep into Munyeong’s character

She is told as a lonely girl who’s so used to being lonely, until the brothers come in her life

Compared to Gangtae, Munyeong’s character development is actually pretty subtle. After meeting Gangtae and Sangtae she seems more gentle and more caring towards other people’s feeling

Even though in the last episode we almost see her going back to the old Go Munyeong

It was so sad seeing her try everything to push the brothers away. It looks like she’s not used to being happy. She can’t believe that her long painful journey is finally ending, and now she has a chance to be happy

Thankfully, it’s still has a happy ending. And we can see Munyeong’s precious smile :)

 

Next is the boy in mask, Moon Gangtae







At first it was so sad following this boy’s life

He has to take care of his Hyung since such a young age, and it looks like he only live for his Hyung, he doesn’t have his own life

Gangtae lives everyday like a zombie, he never gets angry, never sad, but never smile also :(

I got tears in my eyes every time he talks with that tired tone of his…

But Gangtae’s character development is the most epic in my opinion, it was almost extreme wkwk

After he meet Munyeong, his life changes

The invisible Gangtae suddenly has a fan. Munyeong keeps following him and care about him even though he keeps pushing her away. And Gangtae take this opportunity to try live differently

I have two favorite scenes of Gangtae

The first one is when he fights with Sangtae, physically. It was the first time Gangtae fights back, usually he just stay still and being hit. Although it was painful watching this two brothers fight, it was kind of a turning point in both of their lives

And then there was a scene in the hospital, when Sangtae confronted Gangtae about leaving him drowning in the ice. Gangtae’s response is just crying while saying “No, Hyung” repeatedly. Anyone who watches that knows that Gangtae still feel guilty about that incident

And again, even though it was a tear-jerking scene, it was necessary wkwk

Those two never talks about that accident, so the memory about that is creating a scar in both of their heart

This kind of scene is what makes this drama charming :)

Because after that we finally can see a different Gangtae, he smiles more, he jokes more, and the most important he acts cute a lot wkwk

 

Last but not least there is our brave and cute Hyungnim, Moon Sangtae







The actor who played Moon Sangtae (thankfully) did a great job ^ ^

So it doesn’t feel weird or exaggerated

I really love the scene when Sangtae acts as a Hyung and Oppa for Gangtae and Munyeong. Especially when he’s nagging at them hehe

We can see that Sangtae’s character development is affecting both Gangtae and Munyeong (especially Gangtae)

And Sangtae’s character can also play a “shocker” role for Gangtae and Munyeong. Because Sangtae is just so honest and innocent, he can view any problem with a common sense, and not get carried away by emotion. That is what exactly Gangtae and Munyeong’s need

 







Now I’m gonna talk about some things that I don’t like

Even though I love this drama, honestly for me the two latest episode is just making me super disappointed. It was the worst two latest episode of a drama that I’ve ever watched in my life wkwk

I’m not disappointed because of the end story of our characters (I’m completely satisfied that they have their deserved happy ending), but I hate the journey to that end

It was just seemed so prolonged. There are a lot of unnecessary scene, and even the dialogue feels kind of slowed down. It was just a torture to watch

Actually to make it more solid, they can just end it at 14th :(

 

And there’s also the plot about Munyeong’s mother. I don’t know it’s just doesn’t make sense to me

There is definitely a scene where her mother is dead and then there is a suitcase in the bottom of the water (sea or river I don’t know). Then what is actually inside that suitcase?

There was no explanation, I was so confused :(

And then even though they make it like the mother got a plastic surgery, can it also change her body? I mean it looks so obviously different, what is this?

 

But, those are my only complaints

Overall, I think this is a warm drama, it can make us realize that there is enough happiness for everyone out there. Everyone has a chance to try again and heal themselves, just like the title, “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay”

All of the characters in this drama has their own scars, and they make us cry with them as they open up those wounds. It hurts, a lot, but they also make us smile with them as they try to start a new life without a scars :)

Happy watching ^ ^


OST

I have two favourite OST

1.       Sam Kim – “Breath”

2.       Janet Suhh – “In Silence”

 

CONTACT

Twitter @HelloArmany 


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Review Drama "Lovely Us"

Review Drama "Meow The Secret Boy"

Review "Dancing High"